Sorry, there are no products in this collection.
- Sushi Maker Collection -
Our sushi preparation sets are a great introduction to making your own sushi at home or as a gift for foodies.
SUSHI MAKER DELUXE
The Sushi Maker Deluxe is the latest design in Japan Box's Sushi Making Kit series. It is the most stylish, fun and easy to use sushi maker.
Coming complete with a non-stick rice paddle, a professional sushi knife and a 100% natural bamboo mat, this 12-piece set is built to the utmost standard in quality and durability.
Instantly, beginners will be able to have delicious sushi with the ingredients of their preference and create flawless rolls in all shapes and sizes: round, square, triangular and even heart-shaped!
BASIC INGREDIENTS FOR MAKING SUSHIIn order to create your first sushi rolls, the following ingredients are required:
- Sushi rice, also known as glutinous rice
- Rice vinegar
- Nori, also known as dried seaweed leaves
- Fillings of your choice: raw or cooked fish, prawns, crab sticks, meat, vegetables (avocado, cucumber, carrots, etc...)
- Sesame seeds (optional)
- Pickled ginger
- Soy sauce
PREPARATION OF SUSHI RICE (4 servings)
- Use only sushi rice! The unique consistency of sushi rice ensures that your rolls hold together tightly.
- Using 2 cups of sushi rice: thoroughly rinse the rice 4-5 times. Pour off the water.
- Pour in 2.5 cups of water and boil the rice.
- As soon as the rice is cooked, include 5 tablespoons of rice vinegar, 1 tablespoon of sugar and 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Spread the rice on a large plate or chopping board and let it cool to room temperature.
- Do not refrigerate the rice and use it within 4 hours.